Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Leap of Faith

Leap of Faith.
I don't know about you but sometimes I have to act on faith. Sometimes no matter how hard I try to know what the best course of action is, I come up even more confused. So eventually I just have to leap......
Life is full of these kinds of choices. For the last year and a half I have had to choose faith almost every day. No matter how I crunch the numbers on some things I can't get the answers to balance (little accountants humor::)
It gets really interesting when you feel you do know what you are suppose to do and then you have a hard time figuring out how it should be done. When you know you have tried and finally left it up to God to show you the way. Then when answers come to you and you are secure in your choices you can move forward. It may not be easy. Others may not understand. The evil one will throw up all his defenses. But your faith can win out. If you do not give up.
What is faith? I like this quote:
When you come to the edge of all the light you know,
and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown,
faith is knowing one of two things will happen:
There will be something solid to stand on,
or you will be taught how to fly.

Faith comes in all shapes and sizes, to people, organizations, churches, groups,etc. You name it. The problem is that the more we organize ourselves the less we rely on it. We start to trust our systems. I wonder what we miss. I wonder who we don't serve. I wonder.
I don't know. I could be wrong. But I think :


Faith is a living and unshakable confidence. a belief in God so assured that a man would die a thousand deaths for its sake. -- Martin Luther

For we walk by faith, not by sight. -- Corinthians 5:7


Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. -- Saint Augustine

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. -- Hebrews 11:1

Faith leads us beyond ourselves. It leads us directly to God. -- Pope John Paul II


Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. -- Helen Keller
AND

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.
--Albert Einstein

I hope we don't succomb to the mentality that we should act always on our own opinion. Or on what our rational mind can tell us. I hope that often we will lay down our defenses and ask God to lead us. Many times it will be into uncharted territory that our physical body will fight. But it is there we find the most beautiful part of the journey. Once again will you walk with me?

5 Comments:

At April 19, 2005 at 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan,

This is beautiful. I am finding faith to be a daily choice these days. Makes for an interesting life.

Love and prayers,
Lynn Trigg

 
At April 20, 2005 at 9:28 AM, Blogger Garry Brantley said...

Thanks for these words that are packed with possibilities.

 
At April 27, 2005 at 11:32 AM, Blogger Mandee said...

I love quotes! See you Sunday :)

 
At November 22, 2005 at 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hello there Jan K, I was just searching for some ideas on Faith when I happened on to your Blog. Although Leap of Faith isn’t quite what I was looking for, it was for more information on Faith. You’ve still got a great Blog here. You are most welcomed to visit my site at Faith

 
At November 30, 2005 at 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jan K I’ve been looking for Healing related blogs and I came across yours on Leap of Faith during my trawl, so I thought it would be polite to let you know about my visit. You are most welcome to come and visit me at Healing. I would also be happy to trade links with you if you are interested. Bye for now and have a nice day! Brother Roy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home