Thursday, December 02, 2004

E-Mail

I just realized I can use my blogspot to point out the social ills of society! What a great outlet. Seriously, I have been wrestling with a totally computer generated problem for a while now and this seems like the perfect place to discuss it and get feedback on it.
E-Mail!
What a great invention. I love it. I can type at my leisure and communicate with friends all over the world.
But I have found a drawback to email.
Lack of response! Or lack of acknowledgement. You know the scene. You email someone sharing something really exciting and then you anxiously await their response. Days later you realize you are not going to get one. So you write again, gently asking them if they got the first email. Sometimes they respond, yeah.... Sometimes no response.
What is it about email that causes us to just ignore the person who sent it.
We read it and then we just don't write back. Sometimes we really enjoyed the email and were really excited about what the person said but we are too busy at that moment to respond and then we forget later. Sometimes we just are not interested and since it was email we can pretend we never got it!
Really, I think email that isn't responded to is like a one sided phone conversation. It's like a hang up after you said your part. CLICK.
It is highly frustrating for those of us with only a pinch of patience.
I guess the good old telephone is still the best means of communication when you really want to have a two sided conversation!
So come on, please respond with at least, "Got your email, respond later" :)

1 Comments:

At December 7, 2004 at 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blogging Jan.You are Jan,right?You look so much like your sister.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home