Friday, November 12, 2004

Haven't accomplished much, but I dream of more.

This is my all time favorite song lyric. To me it speaks to the fact that people really never know us. We can have all kinds of good intentions in our heart but they cannot always be seen. Sometimes we are so different on the outside from what we feel on the inside. Sometimes people don't really understand us and don't really have clue what we would like to let them know. And sometimes we don't know either.
The title of my blog is My Journey Now. Taken from a classic gospel tune "I wouldn't take nothin for my Journey now." Don't know who wrote it but I think the Goodman's sang it.
Life is a journey. Each step an experience. We don't know the length or the path we will travel but one thing is for sure, it's a journey that we don't even control. Some of us are so obsessed with getting to the end that we don't notice the path. I do think we need to keep our eyes on the goal, but we have to live day to day, minute to minute no matter what life has thrown our way. And sometimes when we get the thing we didn't expect or even that we were most afraid of we find something in the journey that is an unexpected joy.
I look at life like a journey that we take. We were set on the path before we could know it and we will walk down the winding path with little sense of direction unless we trust that someone else is guiding our steps. We can dream our dreams and fill our heart with good intentions, but better lets try to open our heart and pour out our dreams on the path... for others to enjoy on their walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home